Friday, August 8, 2008

I'll have to wait until Monday

I got an email yesterday from my principal telling me to come get my keys at anytime. I was so excited I was gonna go this morning around 10 or 11 with Cl8n and all my stuff for my classroom but I slept in and once I was ready to go it was lunch time so I waited till 12:45 so that I could get there right at 1. Well I got there and then a lady helped me, took my to an AP and she said both the ladies I needed were in a meeting from 1-4 so I could wait till 4 (3 hours) in the waiting area or I could just come back Monday. I wonder if there was any person who would have just waited. It felt condescending for her to ask that. So I guess I wont get to do any cool classroom stuff till Monday.

So late last night I was bored and remembered something Cl8n told me about a while ago. S website called Pandora.com. Its this website that is a make-your-own radio stations. I absolutely love it. You just type in an artist or a song you wanna hear and it will play songs that are like that song. For instance I typed in Jonas Brothers (because I am a loser who lives 7 to 10 years younger than I actually am) and it played songs by them and Boys like Girls, etc. It is really cool and honestly the more you tell it that you like, the more all the songs it plays are ones you will like. I cannot praise it enough. Now I just have to figure out how to get around the firewall of death at school to play it from school.

In about 10 minutes I can go and watch Judo online from the Olympics in China. I am excited. I cannot wait till there is good stuff on TV. I love to watch most sports but these opening ceremonies are killing me.

I know its terrible but we have lived in this apartment for about a month and a half and we still are not fully unpacked and cleaned up. Its so sad. I keep working on it but I feel like until I get this school crap out of my dining room there is no point. I did however clean the kitchen and organize the cabinets and pantry today. I felt accomplished.

Ok. The craziest thing. I was looking out the window and then this U-haul pulled behind a Tahoe backed in a took up 4 spots in front of my apartment. Like the most prime parking in the entire place. I was pissed even though it effected me none. Thats just how I am. It makes me mad that they thought their moving in was more important than 3 other people getting to park by their apartment after a long day at work because it was almost 5. I just pisses me off severely.

So I am looking at it occasionally and then I finally see the girl that I guess it belongs to and it just happens to be a girl from my summer program for certification. The one girl I would probably say was rude and annoying that I don't really care for. She is moving in upstairs. Its not enough that we are working for the same district but now she needs to live in my apartment complex and in my building. Grrrr.

I promised Morgan that we would go see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants for her birthday which starts officially in 1 hour and 2 minutes but we cannot go home this weekend Cl8n has to work and its just too much money. So I guess we will go next weekend. I cannot wait though. I just watched the first movie because I DVR'd it off ABC family last weekend. It actually made me cry quite a bit. I haven't seen a movie like that in a while. I see that the Notebook is on next weekend and that is another tearfest but I love it.

So I have been planning my get-to-know-you powerpoint for the first day of school that I will hsow to my students to get to know me. I want to make them do goals well goals and just stuff they are looking forward to this year for instance my example will include
*HSM3 (High School Musical 3 October 24)
* Harry Potter and the Half Blooded Prince (November 21)
* Twilight the Movie (December 12)
and other things that I am just looking forward to. I love having things to count down towards. I am always counting the days till my birthday (75) till Christmas (138), etc.

I think I done for now because it is time for Judo and I out of my drink so I gotta get up anyways.

"I will love you everyday of forever"~E
Krister

No comments: